Information collected by Bigben
When you use Our Services, it is possible that We may need to obtain certain information from you when you use or interact with Our Services (hereafter the "Information"). We might ask you for the following Information:
- Information that you provide us with:
- Your email address and your country/region when you register or you connect to your LUMIN’US member account. If you use the account of a social network to connect to or create an LUMIN’US Member account to use Our Services, all public Information available (including, but not limited to your profile photograph, your sex, your date of birth and your language parameters) associated with your social network account may also be collected by Us.
- Your name, contact/delivery/invoicing address (including the postcode), contact information, email address, credit card number or any other information relative to payment services when you purchase Our appliances and/or payable services or other customer services.
- Your name, contact/delivery address (including the postcode), contact information, email address, sex, date of birth and identification number when you participate in Our events or campaigns.
- Information relative to the use of Services
- Information relative to the appliance: such as the model of the appliance, the serial number, the version and the type of your operating system, IP address, MAC address, IMEI number and other unique identifiers of the appliance.
- Log information: such as the parameters, the time during which your appliance is activated, the network that you use to connect to your SERVICE, the availability, history of crashes, preferences in matters of interface, the type and language parameters of your browser, diagnostics and use of data as well as your habits in using Our Services.
Use of the Information by Bigben
We may use the Information collected for the following purposes:
- To evaluate and improve Our Services.
- To obtain feedback from Our customers and analyse the user experience, in order to develop and evaluate new services and appliances,
- To perform the registration process of the LUMIN’US member account or the appliance,
- To send and complete all requests that you make with, without being limited to, the information and documentation relative to your purchase, such as invoices or evidence of purchase, software updates and technical notices,
- To produce and send content, such as electronic documents or newsletters that you have subscribed to, in order to remain informed of the latest new products from Bigben, special offers and forthcoming events. You may end your registration at any time, without additional fees,
- So that we can send important notifications, such as important changes to Our policies, terms and conditions. Due to the large number of these communications, you may choose not to receive them.
- In order to check your identity, send notices of participation and prizes won during campaigns when you participate in one of Our events or competitions.
- In order to help you to register, analyse, modify and store your Information, including data concerning you. Furthermore, We will help you to modify and access your data.
- So that we can recommend other services that might interest you according to your use of Our Services.
- To provide you with marketing communications and advertising which may interest you.
- To answer requests from users, such as requests for repairs, and to answer your questions.
- To send you satisfaction surveys, notably concerning Our customer service, to analyse the user experience.
- For any other reason, with your agreement.
Persons with whom Bigben may share your Information
Your Information will not be revealed to any third party, except in the following situations:
- Your consent:
- We communicate or share your Information with third parties only with your consent.
- Commercial partners:
- We will reveal broken down and anonymized information to Our commercial partners, notably those that supply data analysis services or advertising and marketing communications based on broken down and anonymized information.
- Service providers:
- For legal, protection and security purposes:
- We will communicate or share the Information that We hold with third parties for legal or security questions:
- To the extent that this Information is required by the applicable laws, regulations or a competent government or judicial authority, to initiate or pursue legal action or defence or to prevent fraud or any illegal activity.
- To protect the rights, property or security of Bigben, of Our Service providers, Our customers or users, in accordance with what is required or authorised by the law.
International transfers of your Information
Retention of your personal data
The period of retention of your personal data is three (3) years, namely 1095 days, when Bigben does not detect any action by you; this covers situations in which you have not interacted with us for several months, by a purchase from our e-shop and/or by clicking in an email and/or opening an SMS.
Cookies and associated technologies
Cookies are small text files placed on your appliance in order to personalise your user experience when you use Our Services. Cookies do not recover information enabling you to be identified:
- Store your preferences and your parameters: Cookies keep your parameters and preferences on your appliances, such as your language or location preference. By storing these parameters in cookies, it is not necessary to reapply these preferences and these parameters each time you visit Our websites.
The cookies used on Our websites have been categorised below. You can also consult these tables to find out which cookies We use on Our websites and who hosts them:
Category 1: performance cookies
Category 2: functionality cookies
Category 1: performance cookies
These cookies gather Information on how you use Our websites, such as the pages that you consult most frequently and whether you receive error messages when consulting Our webpages. Cookies do not recover information enabling you to be identified. All the information collected by the cookies is aggregated and anonymous. It is only used to improve the performance of Our websites.
Name of the cookie: Google Analytics
Host: Google Inc.
Category 2: functionality cookies
Cookies enable Our websites to save your parameters and your preferences (such as your linguistic preferences or the region where you are located) in order to offer you a more personalised and coherent experience each time you visit Our websites.
For example, our website is capable of remembering the pages that you have recently consulted and the number of visits that you have made to the forums or to consult the product pages that you have compared on Our websites. Cookies are also capable of remembering any changes that you have made concerning the text size and font, as well as other customisable aspects of Our websites. Cookies can also be used to offer you the Services that you have requested, such as watching a video. The information collected, such as your browsing habits on Our websites, is anonymized and cannot be monitored by third parties.
Name of the cookie: Google Tag Manager
Host: Google Inc.
Links towards third-party sites on Our websites
We take all precautions to protect your personal Information against any access, modification, disclosure or destruction. To this end, we make internal checks on Our databases, Our storage solutions, Our security procedures and security measures, as well as physical security measures to prevent unauthorised access to the systems that We use to store your personal Information.
Data transfer between the various companies affiliated to Bigben is done through an extended encrypted network. When you submit personal Information on Our sites, your Information is protected both online and offline.
Nevertheless, We cannot guarantee faultless security on the Internet. To protect your data from unauthorised access, we recommend that you:
- Use alphanumeric passwords when you register for an LUMIN’US member account,
- Regularly change your passwords,
- Keep your appliances constantly up to date by applying the latest updates to security solutions for your computer and by using test tools such as antivirus and anti-spyware scans.
If you discover any technical vulnerabilities affecting LUMIN’US Services, do not hesitate to contact Us at email@example.com
Manage your Information
We wish to help you to keep your Information up-to-date. You can display and change your Information by connecting to your LUMIN’US member account and editing the Information relative to your account.
For more information on the personal data that Bigben collects concerning you, please contact Us on firstname.lastname@example.org
When you use Our Services, We aim to keep your data accurate and protect your Information against any accidental or malicious destruction. We adapt ourselves to your requests according to your data. However, We might not be able to respond to all your requests under the following circumstances:
- According to the authorisations or requirements of the applicable laws,
- Due to legitimate professional reasons,
- In case of repetitive requests that demand disproportionate technical effort and resources, such as developing a new system or fundamentally changing current practices,
- In case of potential privacy risk for other users.
Privacy of minors
We do not knowingly collect the data of minors aged less than thirteen (13), or of an equivalent age in the jurisdiction concerned, without parental consent. We encourage parents (or legal guardians) to actively participate in the online activities and centres of interest of minors when they use Our Services.
If you are a minor, please ask for the prior consent of your parents before using Our Services. You may submit your Information only with the consent of your parents or your guardian. Your parents (or legal guardian) may revoke their consent at any time, even after having previously given it.
Sensitive personal information
Bigben will never ask you to provide "sensitive" personal information, such as information about your state of health, political ideas, religious beliefs, criminal record, sexual orientation, sex life, behaviour or genetic information. We would therefore be grateful if you would not provide this type of information.
Bigben Interactive (www.bigben-luminus.com) – CRT2 Fretin – CS90414 – 396, rue de la voyette – 59814 Lesquin Cedex – France
Update on November 30, 2019 by Bigben